請以種種真實之名呼喚我

2014101206:30



觀音菩薩妙難酬 清淨莊嚴累劫修
三十二應徧塵剎 百千萬劫化閻浮

瓶中甘露常時洒 手內楊枝不計秋
千處祈求千處現 苦海常作度人舟


Enlightening Gautam Buddha: Frameless Beautiful Wall Painting, ग्लास  पेंटिंग्स - Flair International, Jalandhar | ID: 21987605148

(一九七〇年代末,在暹邏灣)
海上難民中有很多少女被海盜強暴,

即使聯合國和許多國家都試圖協助泰國政府遏止海盜的暴行,
海盜依然持續讓難民蒙受極大的苦難。
有一天我們(一行禪師與梅村僧團)接到一封信,
信中說有一艘小船上有個少女,年紀才十二歲,
她遭到一個泰國海盜的強暴,事後跳海自盡。

你第一次聽到這種事會很氣憤那個海盜,
你很自然會站在少女那一邊。
可是當你深入觀察時,將會對這件事有不同的看法。
如果你站在少女那一邊,那麼事情好辦,
只要拿把槍射殺那個海盜就是了。

但是,我們不能這麼做。
我在禪修中看到,
如果我跟那個海盜出生在同一個村子,
在同樣的環境中被撫養長大,我很可能也會變成海盜。
我還看到暹邏灣沿岸有很多嬰兒出生,每天有成千上百個,
如果我們從事教育的人、社會工作者、政治人物,
還有其他的人不設法改善這種情況,再過二十五年,
其中有些嬰兒就會變成海盜,這是必然的。

如果你我今天是出生在這些漁村,
二十五年後我們都可能變成海盜。
你拿槍射殺那個海盜,也就是射殺我們所有人,
因為我們每個人或多或少都得為這種現況負責。

經過長時間的禪修後,我寫下一首詩。

詩中有三個人:十二歲的少女,海盜,還有我。
我們能不能彼此對望,並且在彼此身上認出自己?
這首詩題名為〈請以種種真實之名呼喚我〉,
因為我的名字不計其數。
當我聽到其中任何一個名字被點到時,我就得回答:「有!」




Don't say that I will depart tomorrow --

別說明日我將離去,

even today I am still arriving.

因為今天我依舊前來。

Look deeply: every second I am arriving

請深入觀察我:我分分秒秒都前來,

to be a bud on a Spring branch,

作春天枝頭上的一朵蓓蕾,

to be a tiny bird, with still-fragile wings,

作一隻羽翼未豐的雛鳥,

learning to sing in my new nest,

在新巢中學習引吭高唱,

to be a caterpillar in the heart of a flower,

作花蕊中的一條毛毛蟲,

to be a jewel hiding itself in a stone.

作 埋身岩壁的一顆寶石。

I still arrive,in order to laugh and to cry,

我 依舊前來,為了要歡笑,為了要哭泣,

to fear and to hope.

為了要害怕,為了要期望。

The rhythm of my heart is the birth and death

of all that is alive.

我心臟的律動

就是一切眾生的生與死。

I am the mayfly meXXXXXtamorphosing

on the surface of the river.

我是河面上蛻變的蜉蝣,

And I am the bird

that swoops down to swallow the mayfly.

我也是在大地春回及時前來掠食蜉蝣的鳥。

I am the frog swimming happily

in the clear water of a pond.

我是悠游於清澈池塘的青蛙,

And I am the grass-snake

that silently feeds itself on the frog.

我也是悄悄前近吞食青蛙的草蛇。

I am the child in Uganda,

我是烏干達的小孩,

all skin and bones,my legs as thin as bamboo sticks.

全 身只剩皮包骨,雙腿細如竹竿

And I am the arms merchant,

我也是軍火販子,

selling deadly weapons to Uganda.

出售致命武器給烏干達。

I am the twelve-year-old girl,

refugee on a small boat,

我是小船上那名十二歲的難民少女,

who throws herself into the ocean

after being raped by a sea pirate.

被一個海盜強暴後,跳海自盡;

And I am the pirate,

我也是那個海盜,

my heart not yet capable

of seeing and loving.

我的心還被矇蔽,無法愛人。

I am a member of the politburo,

with plenty of power in my hands.

我是最高決策當局的一員,大權在握;

And I am the man who has to pay

his "debt of blood" to my people

我也是必須償還人民「血債」的人,

dying slowly in a forced-labor camp.

在勞改營裡緩慢地死去。

My joy is like Spring, so warm

我的喜悅像春天- 如此溫暖,

it makes flowers bloom all over the Earth.

讓世間百花盛開;

My pain is like a river of tears,

我的痛苦如淚河-

so vast it fills the four oceans.

如此氾濫,讓四海滿溢。

Please call me by my true names,

請以種種真實之名呼喚我,

so I can hear all my cries and my laughter at once,

我才能同時聽見我所有的哭泣與歡笑,

so I can see that my joy and pain are one.

我才能看到我的喜悅與痛苦是一體。

Please call me by my true names,

請以種種真實之名呼喚我,

so I can wake up,

我才能覺醒,

and so the door of my heart

can be left open,

也才能讓我的心門敞開,

the door of compassion.

那 正是慈悲之門。



摘錄自一行禪師橘子禪